Thursday, July 18, 2013

Debbie Downer


Whine.

The older I get the more I realize that happiness, success, and most other things related to being good and well in and with the world are mostly about attitude.  It fatigues me to watch friends sabotage their own happiness and undermine their successes because they are unable to willing to simply accept the life or circumstances that have and work with what they are given.  More and more I find myself putting distance between myself and the people in my life who cannot seem to accept responsibility for their own happiness. This is your life, I want to tell them, which means that you are the center of your universe and entirely responsible for your own happiness.  That things will go against plan, that tragedy will strike, these things are certain, but what is not certain is the effect these things will have on you, that part, is your own choice to make.  Maya Angelou put is well, "If you don't like something, change it.  If you cant change it, change your attitude towards it."

Photograph Courtesy of:
www.theminimalists.com

No comments:

Post a Comment