Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Year Of F*ck You


2014.

I do not typically make New Year's resolutions and I find the middle of winter a poor time for making new starts, but this year, I feel ready for a change. You see, while never a perfect person, I have spent most of my life trying to please people and this year, I'm sick of it. So I have declared 2014 to be my year of f*ck you. No more feeling guilty for things I did not do. No more pandering to drama queens and tiptoeing around people that can dish it but can't take it. This year, I intend to stand up for myself, at least internally. Are you that guy that was mean to me for two years because you thought I said something I never said? F*ck you. The good friend that burned bridges on her way out of town that doesn't have the balls to mend them when they return? F*ck you. The person who's artwork I spent time and money supporting just to have you never pay me for my work in return? F*ck you too. I just cannot internalize it anymore, small slights, the person that steps in front of me in the bakery line, big righteous rudeness, the women who claim my life has no purpose because I don't have children, the guy that condescends to me at the electronics store. F*ck you all. I am doing the best I can in this world and have reached the conclusion that I would be doing even better if I didn't give the group of you-all any time or attention whatsoever. So this year, instead of seeing your bad behavior and blaming myself or thinking I can or should "fix it", I am just walking away to spend my time with less toxic people. Good riddance.


No comments:

Post a Comment