Thursday, September 12, 2013

In Consideration of Fall



Squirrel.

Though summer is still burning, the return of children to school and the hardy work of the backyard squirrels turns my mind towards fall.  I find myself in consideration of the consequences of the previous months; a weighing of my progress towards my goals and obligations. I sympathize with the squirrels, hastened in their work by the knowledge of limited days.  I feel the pressure of my own harvest, the enormity of the tasks ahead of me. I worry.  I wonder if I will know when it is good enough, when I can shutter the windows and bed into winter. The squirrels look as if they will continue until the frost.  I suppose then, that I shall too.

Photograph Courtesy of:
www.rubygonewild.com 

Like what you are reading?  Then support the Kickstarter for my book Girl Gone Wild- On Being a Woman in the Wilderness.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment